Hey you! What’s one good thing you’ve done for yourself recently? Even thought 2020 was a pretty tough year, I think a lot of us started taking self-care a big more seriously as a result. Last year was the first time in my 28 years of existence that I FINALLY developed a consistent routine for my skin. I always thought skincare was expensive so I only used a cleanser and cheap moisturizer from Target. I would dabble here and there with masks I got at TJMaxx or free samples of things. I’m blessed to have fairly good skin, but pregnancy, postpartum, and just getting older in general has done my no favors and I’ve noticed my skin getting dull.
A friend introduced me to The Ordinary brand a couple years ago but I only bought one item. Last year I went a little crazy and now they are about 90% of the products I use LOL but it’s because they’re clean, high quality products at an amazing price!
I’m obviously no expert and you should only use what you’ve researched and found to be best for yourself, but I wanted to share what I use and love in case it helps you! I also purchase all of these products myself and have not been given anything for free. If you do purchase through one of my links, however, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me continue to share free content with you so thank you for supporting me and my blog in this way!
- First, I cleanse with the La-Roche Posay Purifying Foaming Face Wash. I have combination skin that errs on the dry side and this cleaner is gentle and doesn’t dry my face out. It’s also a pretty good makeup remover if you don’t have much on. I usually use it to take off mascara in the evenings if that’s all I wore that day.
- Next, I use The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA. I LOVE this moisturizer because it’s not oily or greasy and is great under makeup. It also doesn’t smell. The tube is pretty big so it lasts awhile.
- The last thing I use before putting on my makeup is The Ordinary Caffeine Solution. This cools and reduces puffiness under your eyes.
- If I’m wearing makeup I remove it with a wipe. My favorite are the blue Neutrogena packs you can get anywhere.
- Next, I use the same face wash I use in the mornings.
- Then I apply The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution. I bought this bottle 2 months ago and it’s only half empty so it lasts awhile. Just put some on a cotton ball and apply all over your face and neck. If you have sensitive skin, I suggest just trying a small patch because I have heard it’s strong. I have not personally had any issues. You should also only use once a day. I highly recommend reading about glycolic acid and its benefits!
- After the toner dries, I apply The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil. If you have ever used Rose Hip oil then you know it is so magical. It’s a great moisturizer, evens skin tones, and heals scars. Ladies, put this on your stretch marks! It’ll look and feel like you’re putting olive oil on your face so have fun with that ha! I know some people use this as a moisturizer in the morning but it’s just too oily for me so I only sleep in it.
- I shave my whole face about every 2-3 weeks. You can read all about dermaplaning with a quick Google search but by removing the peach fuzz and dead skin, your skin can absorb the products you use better. Your makeup will also look 10 times better! I use these tiny razors from Amazon and watched a youtube video to learn how to use them. They’re gentle and I have never cut myself – just be careful around your hairline and eyebrows.
- I use these tanning drops about once a week with my morning moisturizer for a little color and glow because I’m sure pale. I use the lightest shade. It may seem expensive but I only use 2-3 drops so the bottle is going to last forever.
- I use The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution whenever I feel like I need something extra. You put it on your face for 10 minutes and then wash it off. It makes your skin sooooo soft and clean feeling.
- I use Palmer’s Coconut Sugar Scrub in the shower on days I wash my hair, so twice a week. I LOVE this stuff! It’s gentle, but cleans well and smells yummy too.
A few more tips…
I drink A LOT of water and I believe that really helps with having good skin. I also take biotin every day for my hair but it’s great for your skin and nails as well. Forget the hair/skin/nails gummies and expensive supplements, this is the main ingredient. Lastly, aside from the holidays, I almost never eat sugar, snacks or desserts. When I do eat a lot of these things I notice a change in my skin and start having breakouts.
Hope this post helps! If you use any of these products too, let me know in a comment!